TPD said 15-year-old Deasia Green was found dead on Page Street. DeAsia’s father, DeAndre Green, was shot and killed in 2010. No suspects have been named in any of the murders.

TOLEDO, Ohio – A missing 15-year-old girl was found dead in an alley in the 1300 block of Page Street in north Toledo Monday afternoon. Toledo police said.

Toledo police on Tuesday identified the victim as 15-year-old Deasia Green.

Her death is being investigated as a homicide.

“With no respect for this person’s life and what they meant to their family and to the people who love them, to just leave them in an alley, words can’t describe how upsetting it is,” said Toledo Police Sgt. Mike Kurian said.

Family reported DeAsia missing Thursday afternoon. A Toledo police spokesman described DeAsia as a “common fugitive.”

“I think the DeAsia family had a certain intuition that it was different than before,” Kurian said.

The family worked with detectives, which led them to find Deasia’s body in an alley in the area of ​​Spring Street and Stickney Avenue, north of Page Street, on Monday afternoon.

“It looks like they have a few leads they’re working on,” Kurian said. “I can’t go into too much detail at this point, but the family was crucial in finding Deasia, so they helped our detectives a lot.”

Deasia’s family told police they went to pick her up from a friend’s house on Jan. 3, but she wasn’t there. DeAsia went to school on Jan. 5 but refused to tell her mother where she was and only responded via text messages, according to police records.

On the same day, January 5, Deasia’s family officially announced her disappearance.

DeAsia was a freshman at Start High School and a member Young men and women for changeprogram coordinator Sean Mahone said Tuesday.

If DeAsia was 3 years old when her father, DeAndre Green, was shot while getting into his car in north Toledo on Phillips Ave.

Family members spoke to WTOL 11 after DeAndre Green’s death in October 2010 and asked the community for any information.

“Someone knows something. Please pass on any information that you can pass on to us, the family or the media,” Leo Tate Jr., DeAndre’s grandfather, told WTOL 11 during an interview with the family.

“Life is too short to hurt someone because someone said this or someone said that,” Neveta Fisher, Deasia’s grandmother, said at the time. “He said/she said something won’t get you anywhere.”

Toledo police confirmed Tuesday that DeAndre Green’s slaying remains unsolved and no suspects have been named.

No arrests have been made in De Asia Green’s murder either.

“Think about it and think about it if it’s someone you love,” Kurian said. “And you would hope and pray that somebody would come forward with information, and that’s all we’re asking.”

If you have information on the DeAsia or DeAndre Green murders, please call or text Crime Stoppers by calling 419-255-1111. You can remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward.

This is a developing story. Stay with WTOL 11 for the latest news.

Editor’s note: This story has been edited to correct an error. Greene’s family reported her missing on Thursday, January 5th, not Monday, January 9th.

Previous articleBiden is in Mexico at the North American Leaders Summit
Next articleGolden Globes 2023: Awards return with 1-year audition