Mercer Health press release: Mercer Health’s Medicine, Education and Development (MED) Foundation recently awarded a total of $18,250.00 to local high school students who are continuing their medical education after graduation. The scholarships were awarded to students from each of Mercer County’s six high schools and were selected as recipients based on their academic performance, extracurricular activities, volunteerism and plans for higher education.
“On behalf of the MED Foundation and the Board of Directors, I want to congratulate not only this year’s 19 scholarship recipients, but also all the applicants and their parents,” said Deb Hemmelgarn, MED Foundation and Director of Volunteer Services. “This year’s scholarship committee, made up of MED Foundation board members, was thrilled with the turnout of applicants again this year.”
2023 MED Foundation Scholarship Recipients include:
- Kyra Dirksen, Biology, Pre-Dentistry, The Ohio State University
- Lauren Mullenkamp, Nursing, Kent State University
- Carly Hathaway, Public Health, University of California, Miami University or University of Dayton
- Julia Bertke, Biology-Dental Medicine, Bowling Green State University
- Alison Hamberg, Biology/Microbiology – Pre-med, Notre Dame
- Jenna Loigers, Physical Occupational Therapy, University of Findlay
- Faith Wendell, Nursing, Wright Lake State Campus
- Abigail Knapke, Nurse Practitioner or Anesthesiologist, University of Cincinnati
- Megan Knapke, Psychology, University of Miami
- Drew Hugenbiler, Biology Pre-med, Wright State University
- Lauren Meiring, Nursing, University of Toledo or Wright State University
- Corban Rich, PhD, Neuroscience, Bowling Green State University
- Brooke Stevenson, Biomedical Sciences Pre-med, University of Cincinnati
- Bryce Brookhart, Physical Therapy, Indiana Institute of Technology
- Leah Heitkamp, Pharmacy, Ohio Northern University
- Nolan Fullenkamp, Biology/Biomedicine, The Ohio State University
- Alison Miller, Psychology, Ball State University or University of Toledo
- Tyler Schwieterman, Biomedical Engineering, The Ohio State University
- Audrey Wendell, Nursing, Wright State University Lake Campus
The MED Foundation Scholarship Program is funded by the annual Esmonde/Homan Golf Outing and Golf Ball Drop. Through the success of golf in recent years, the MED Foundation has been able to provide additional scholarships to even more local students. Since 1992, 328 scholarships have been awarded for a total of $346,450.00. This year’s golf outing is scheduled for Friday, June 9 at the Mercer Elks District.
Copyright 2023 by Lima Communications Corporation. All rights reserved.