Press release from Paulding Putnam Electric Cooperative: PAULDING, OH – Members of Paulding Putnam Electric Cooperative recently donated $13,074 to 12 local charitable and community projects through the co-op Operation Round Up program.
About 80% of PPEC members round up their electric bills and donate that money to this fund, making a big impact in the cooperative’s communities in Northwest Ohio and Northeast Indiana.
Participating members round up their monthly electric bill to the next dollar, and the extra pennies are used to fund charities and groups in their communities. Each quarter, funds are distributed to local causes that have applied for funding.
Recent donation recipients include:
- Children’s flashlight; $1,000 to purchase equipment to furnish apartments in Paulding for elderly foster children.
- Continental Baseball and Softball Club; $700 to buy two rugs.
- Crime Stoppers of New Haven, Indiana; $1,000 to purchase signs.
- Delphos Jefferson High School; $1,200 to the Positive Behavior Program as a reward for watching the movie.
- Junior Achievement of Decatur and Monroe, Indiana; $1,000 to purchase learning kits for the elementary grades.
- LifeWise of Ottawa-Glandorf Schools; $1,000 to purchase a transportation bus.
- Monroeville Chamber of Commerce; $500 to support the Music in the Park Summer Series.
- Paulding High School Blessing in a Bag; $2,000 to purchase meals for underprivileged students.
- Paulding JR & High School; $850 toward active shooter/emergency GO Bags.
- Paulding Soil & Water Conservation District & Black Swamp Nature Center; $1,324 for the construction of a new pavilion.
- Putnam County Council 4-H; $500 to support Farm Safety Day
- St. Rose of Lima Catholic School; $2,000 to build stairs and handrails for the new bleachers in the school gymnasium
Photos of each recipient can be found at PPEC Facebook page.
Operation Round Up was started in 2010 as a way to give back to PPEC communities. Groups in both Ohio and Indiana are eligible to apply.
Organizations can apply for Operation Round Up assistance by contacting Paulding Putnam Electric Co-op Marketing and Communications Manager Samantha Kuhn at firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting www.ppec.coop/operation-round. If you would like to participate by rounding up your monthly bill, please call the PPEC office at 800-686-2357. The average member’s donation is about $6 a year.
Copyright 2023 by Lima Communications Corporation. All rights reserved.